Anne hears the phone ringing and lifts up the receiver. She will say:
· Hello! This is Anne speaking
· Good morning!
2. Asking who is the caller is:
· Who is calling, please?
· Who is speaking, please?
· May I ask who is calling?
3. Wrong number:
· Sorry, wrong number.
· I am afraid you have the wrong number.
· Sorry you have the wrong number.
4. Asking for a connection /Expressing the name of someone who wants to talk to:
· Good morning, may I speak to Mr. Allen, please?
· Can I talk to first name please?
· Id like to speak to Sarah Adams, please?
· Could you put me through Mr. Allen, Please?
5. Asking someone to hold the line:
· Hold on, please?
· Just a minute please.
· One moment, please. Hold the line, will you?
6. The caller speaks to the person concerned. The receiver will say:
· Yes, speaking.
7. Leaving a message. The caller will say:
· Could you take a message for me, please?
· Could you please take a message?
8. The person answering the phone will say:
· Would you like to leave a message?
· May I have a message, please?
9. The line is busy:
· Sorry. The line is busy. Please call back later.
· Sorry. The line is engaged.
10. Making appointments:
· Could you manage it on Tuesday?
· What about Friday?
· Can you make it after lunch?
· What about tomorrow at seven?
· Is tomorrow OK for you?
· Can I meet you tomorrow morning?
11. Answering a call about making appointments:
· Just a moment, please. Ill check my diary first.
· Im sorry Ill be out all day.
· Yes, Im sure I can make it.
· Im sorry, Im not available tomorrow.
· I will be free after lunch.
12. Closing the call:
· Thank you for your call.
· Thanks for calling. Readmore..